Re: How do you make frames resizable without having a visible border?

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jan 2000 23:34:22 -0000
 To:  "HWG - Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Well, without a border, what would they grab onto to do the resizing? Or
how
> would they know that it could be resized?  This aside... What color is the
> border??? can it not be set to the same color as the background (assuming
> you have not gone wild with a background)? I do not know if that can be
> done, and browsers may interpret your request differently, or perhaps the
> boarder attribute is set by the browser anyway, is which case your option
is
> present or gone.
>
> Interesting question.
>
> Elias

It does depend on the browser you are using. I have a temporary page up on
my domain at the moment that has borderless frames. In NS 4.7 you cannot
resize the frames. In IE 5.01 you can. Even more interestingly in NS 5 you
can as well. if you want to see it is at http://comharsa.com .

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net