Re: SSI's

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:39:10 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jim:

> One point to consider: if this WAS an all or nothing matter, so that
> they could either set all html files to be SSI parsed, thereby slowing
> down the server for all users, then I would side with them on this, and
> would support that you would have to change your file endings for .html
> to .shtml.
> --

Wouldn't  an "all or nothing" ultimatum also signal a time to find a new ISP
? It would seem to me that the time is long past where the customer has to
continue to pay an ISP for falure to provide service--especially when the
service requested only involves four or five minutes of work.

Even in my small town--when this question came up before--it took only a few
minutes on the phone to find an ISP that said they would be happy and
delighted to provide the service in return for my tiny amount of business.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net