Re: css and hovering

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 May 2001 09:14:09 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jolene:

Sure you can change your CSS. (You may have temporarily forgot about the
"Cascading" part.)

I'm not saying this is the best way--but if all else fails--you can always
insert a new CSS statement, (just like you would a piece of JavaScript)
right before the links. Then following the links, call your original CSS
file back.

I have used two--or even three--different CSS files on the same page. I put
them in the same directory as the pages and call them as needed. Example:
<.LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="temer-2.css" TYPE="text/css">

When you want to change, just call the "other" one.

The one thing to watch out for is in the area of Absolute Positioning. Make
sure both CSS files agree.

Note: Some have said that if the "local or second" CSS file does not mention
Absolute Positioning attributes, then it won't affect the original CSS.
However, that would seem to put a lot more faith in Netscape than my nerve
would allow.

On the other hand--if one cared about Netscape--they probably would not be
using Absolute Positioning in the first place.

But--as I said--there may be better ways to do this ???
Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net