Re: What is wrong with this table?

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Mar 2003 18:04:59 -0500
 To:  "Beauford.2002" <beauford.2002(at)rogers.com>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> For the life of me I can not figure out why this does not work properly. The
> last input type=image will not right justify and I have no idea why.

I'll tell you what's wrong with that table: the cell widths. First off, the
widths of the two rows are not equal. Second, you have four cells in the first
row, and two cells in the second, with the first cell in the second row spanning
three columns. However, the second cell (which would be under the fourth cell in
the first row) has a width of only 53, but the fourth cell in the first row has
a width of 170. These two widths must be the same. You need to recalculate your
cell widths.

For a quick fix, remove the width of the second cell in the second row (the cell
with the submit image) and the image will be aligned right.

Tim