Re: Spacing IE and NN

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Dec 1999 16:28:59 -0000
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Hello Sharon and Happy Holidays
>
> I looked at your page in both IE4.72 and NS4.7 and the spacings look good.
In not
> sure of exactly your looking for but for a bit more control you may want
to use
> pixels versus percent.  That may be better for you.  Just make sure you
stay with
> the 800x600 and 15" monitor rule:)
>
> Email with your comments or just cuz.
>
> Bill

The problem is that not everyone looks at it in the same resolution. If you
want the tables to look the same in different resolutions you need to use a
font that everyone will have and set the table/table cell widths to be right
for the minimum size that you expect people to browse at. That way if they
have a larger resolution than that you design for the tables will still go
to the size you specify. As Bill says, use pixels rather than percentage.

For the record they didn't line up for me in either  IE 5.01 or NS 4.7.

HTH

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net

Win98, IE 5.01, 56k modem,