RE: Mac/PC

by "Kali Woodbridge" <kaliajer(at)mail.com>

 Date:  Sun, 16 Apr 2000 13:26:26 -0400
 To:  "'Gardenia Willoughby'" <gardenia(at)mac.com>,
"'Basics List'" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Good Afternoon Gardenia--

<snip>
I'm writing the code for our procedures manual on
my iBook, because, frankly, it's much more fun to use than
my work PC.  I
use IE5 (since yesterday; before that I was using 4.72 or
something) to view
my text on the iBook.  On the PC I also use IE5.  But some
things don't work
on the PC, like internal links, or top of page links. Links
between pages
are fine. ...<snip>

<snip>
But why would IE have trouble reading
the same thing on two different machines.
</snip>

IE5 on a Mac is not the same as IE5 on a PC. Same goes for
Netscape. It is both a browser AND a platform variable you
are experiencing. I don't know how to fix it other than to
complain to the Powers That Be. My page codes are strictly
to the book, too. "Best viewed in" icons may be tacky, but I
can appreciate why and how they got started!

Good Luck! Hopefully another member will enlighten us all as
to fixes.

kali