Re: disappearing swatches in ImageReady 2.0

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:37:28 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie:

Canvas, Illustrator, Corel, PhotoShop, etc. all have very extensive choices
under headings of "Options", "Preferences" and so forth.

I'm guessing here, that your program does too. There should be a choice
somewhere for the default palette. You might also check the dialog box
connected with loading your color palette. See if it has a "Default" check
box of some sort.

It being an Adobe product, it is just vaguely possible that you might have
to place your color file in a special sub directory within the program
files. [ Admittedly--this is a little "iffy"]

Also, Canvas for example, allows you to "dock" any object right under the
upper menus. If ImageReady has the same option, why not simply "dock" the
color palette you like. I have several "spot" colors permanently docked for
my silk screen graphics work.

I doubt that PC or Windows has anything to do with this.  But--in a similar
vain, it is possible that your program has become corrupted and may have to
be re-installed. I would think this is a long shot though.

Sorry I can't be of more help but we have kind of gotten away from Adobe
products over the years. But don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with
Adobe products--its just that we are too lazy to put up with the added
learning curve they seem to require.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA