Re: About the blinking text question

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:07:13 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> If nobody gave the answer then there wouldn't be much in the archives to
> help either.
> And if everybody followed your suggestion then we might just as well get a
> form reply that says "RTFM" in answer to every question.
> I'm glad that there are some people who give an answer instead of making
the
> assumption that everyone who asks a question is too lazy to look it up
> themselves.

 I don't really care what's in the archives because when a question like
this comes up you get 10 different answers and you learn several new ways to
skin the cat.  No one answer was 100% complete and correct, but taken as a
whole it became more than the sum of its parts.

The RTFM answer kinda torques me off.  It's like, "I'm too busy or important
to answer so I am going to defer the answer to the archives" and it's done
in a snide way.   I have done several searchs in the archives and I have to
say that it leaves a lot to be desired.

The previous email saying we should defer questions to the online course
brings up another point.  What is the purpose of these message areas?  Is
this just a support underpinning for the HWG classes?  Where does all that
dovetail with IWA which has it's own courses and tests?

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com