Re: top row problem

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:21:43 -0500
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Something that can cause a space in some versions of NN is having
a newline before the closing TD tag.  Since this is a natural way
to indent the code, it's a common problem with WYSIWYG and hand
coders alike.  Out policy is to have the closing TD trail the last
element in the cell:

<.tr>
 <.td>
  <.input type='text' name='blah' value='blah' /><./td>
<./tr>

From: "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

WIN 98 MSIE 5.somethin

I don't see the space.

However . . . (I'll bet you knew that was coming) . . .

You might want to consider:

1) A DTD (don't read this list much, do we? :-))
2) Taking all that extra space out of those tables. MY Goodness.
Tighten
that sucker up!

Seriously, NN is much pickier about it than MSIE is, but even
though it is
allowed according to the bible . . . I mean the standards, space
between
the TD cells is something to be avoided.