Re: Split Cells Border

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:51:51 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
John:

The easy way to edit your table in FrontPage is to select it in
Word and Copy and Paste in FP-98. As you may have already
discovered, when pasting from Word, text is automatically
converted to HTML.

Once pasted into FrontPage, just select the table by Right
Clicking anywhere in the table and choosing Select Table in the
pop-up menu. There are several things that can be changed or
edited including all "Global" attributes. Note: You can also
choose Select Cell and edit each individual cell.

Once your table is "in" FrontPage you can do anything with it
that would be possible if you created the table in FrontPage to
start with. You should see where to set the border and spacing in
the dialog boxes. They provide for just about everything !!

Note also that you can select the View HTML tab and do all the
hand coding you want. I do NOT advise this as many get into
trouble trying to "force" FP into doing tables their way and end
up with some pretty garbled code. Contrary to what one
occasionally hears, FrontPage does tables pretty neat.

Example: As FP code is self contained, element by element, you
can copy and paste cells or drag them around within a table...

The biggest problem we had was to overcome our dis-belief that
things could be so simple. We kept trying to find a difficult way
to make it work. (Some of the girls here at the office say I
still do??)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com
http://www.newsredding.com/

>From: Johnst(at)memo.acehardware.com
>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:17:58 -0500
>Subject: Split Cells Border
>
>Hi everyone.  I'm working on converting a 40+ page Word document
(with
>autotext & styles) over to HTML via FrontPage 98 (my employer
wants to view
>it as an HTML file instead of PDF).  One of the tables needed to
have a cell
>split into 3.  After including text & putting a border around
the cells, I
>viewed it via the Preview tab.  Instead of each cell having a
border around
>them, there is no spacing between where the cells were split.
The view via
>the normal tag looks fine.  I viewed the HTML tag, but I can't
see where I
>might be making a mistake.  Is this a limitation with FrontPage
98 or my
>browser (IE4.0)?  Has anyone run across this same problem?
Also, is