Re: design

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 25 May 2001 09:14:03 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shelby:

Oh, Boy!! The ideas you are stating about placement and shapes have been
around for decades. I first heard about this as a young--very
young--photographer, many years ago.

It is as basic as having pictures "face into" the page and using a diagonal
shape or placement to simulate dynamics or action.
For us graphic artist types, it is in the same category as "the sun rises in
the East".

But--Where do you find current documentation???

I would try searching for Photography tutorials or perhaps the desktop
publishing sites on the web. There are several devoted to graphics and page
layout.

A quick trip to your local community college Art Dept. (or even a library),
should put you in touch with any of several books that would "tell all"
under the torture of the nearest photo copier.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net