Re: Browser Resolution

by "howardm" <howardm(at)achilles.net>

 Date:  Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:03:47 -0400
 To:  <ErthWlkr(at)aol.com>,
<jtpolk(at)texas.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's monitor size got to do with
this?
What matters is the resolution surely - that's what decides how the visitor
sees the site.
What basic difference would there be in a website's appearance with a 14"
monitor using 800x600 and a 21" monitor using 800x600? Details might show up
better - but the layout would be the same.

I think Jim's stats show that the target for design is 800x600 without
caring about the size of the monitor.

Howard
howardm(at)achilles.net
www.achilles.net/~howardm/tsmonk.html