Re: Do you know how to...???

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:53:08 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dana:

You will probably get several different suggestions but I would think that
Flash would be the simplest way to go for a project like this.

Flash--and several similar programs are available as plug ins, and stand
alone programs. It will generate the code for you. You will need to supply
the graphics, such a screen shots of the applications and a good GIF or the
pointer with a transparent background for multiple placement for the
animation.

In general, all these programs allow you to do a frame by frame animation
and add sound as needed. The drawback is of course, that the visitor will
need a Flash applet in their browser. Most late IE browsers will download
this and add it automatically the first time it's needed.

That--plus the fact that so many other sites are using Flash--makes it a
very popular method. Of course--there will ALWAYS be some who have not added
Flash capability and never will. Still--I think the chances are far better
than say--using PowerPoint or some such.

And--though it would be a daunting task with huge downloading times, there
is always Animated GIF's.

For more of Flash, just type in the name in the address line of IE-4-5 and
check out all the search returns. Note: It may automatically jump you to the
Macromedia site but there are several others.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net