Re: Probs Viewing in IE??

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:03:49 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"sll" <sll(at)chariot.net.au>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Sharon

It may have something to do with your page having more than one BODY tag -
probably confusing older versions of IE - maybe older versions of NN too.
You've currently got the following in your opening page:

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" BODY TEXT="#000000" BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF"
LINK="#AAAAAA" VLINK="#888888" ALINK="#888888">

You need to change that to:

link="#aaaaaa" vlink="#888888" alink="#888888">

The bgcolor I've suggested is the same color as the main part of your
background image, so will ensure that the text shows up even before the
background image loads, and the text color is the one you use throughout
anyway, so might as well set it up in the body tag.

HTH!

Regards,
Donna
--