Re: Puzzle....

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:32:46 +0100
 To:  "Laura Dowling" <laura(at)dowlingcentral.com>,
<ErthWlkr(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Let me take a stab in the dark.  There is javascript that references
calcform as a name atribute in the form tag.  I am not that familiar with
the Document Object Models or scripting engines of all the browser, but I
would bet a dollar to a doughnut that it is the reason for the
inconsistency.

The solution below would be the the best for a multi browser solution.
Finding an out of the box solution server side that does the calculations
and validations of your script may require you to do some customizations to
the script that you find.

The CGI capabilities you use would depend on the scripting engine/API that
is on the server.

The whois record shows your name servers as being registered to uscj.net.
Can I assume you have control over the servers as well?  That should
simplify picking a server side solution.

Telneting to the box shows that the server is Microsoft-IIS/4.0.  Have you
considered ASP/ADO or Perl/PHP for the Win32 platform?