Re: SSI

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:49:49 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Julie:

Obtaining a file from another server location takes a little extra.

I do not claim even rudimentary expertise in this area but here is a copy
and paste of the freely distributed News Ticker from 7AM News. Look it over
and it may give you some ideas on how to "call" the file you want.

Granted--there is a lot more "stuff" than you need here. The "channels" for
example are the types of news feeds I am using on my page. (One can change
them as they wish) Anyway--This will put a "ticker" wherever this code is
inserted.

You can also get ideas from the code for some of the remote feed, graphics
and logos that are available all over the place.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/novels/
www.newsredding.com/
www.ramac-rc.org/

<APPLET CODE="sevenAMNewsTicker.class" CODEBASE="http://www.7am.com/java"
WIDTH=450 HEIGHT=15>
<PARAM NAME="channels" VALUE="+WORLDnews +USAnetnews +USAnews +SPORTSnews ">
<PARAM NAME="target" VALUE="_blank"></APPLET>