Re: Table problems with netscape....

by "Marc David Johnson" <mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:18:23 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
From: "Lady Wight" <ladywight(at)yahoo.com>
> I have three tables on my index page.  One is 100% and
> goes across the top and the remaining are both left
> aligned, one at 20% and one at 80% - done in HTML, not
> CSS.  In MSIE, the two fill up the page.  In Netscape
> 4.7, the 80% table looks like 60% and doesn't stretch
> to the width of the top 100% table.  btw, if I use
> 100% for the second table , it fills the page nicely
> in Netscape, but forces horizontal scrolling in MSIE.

A couple things you may want to try:

1. Switch to CSS (even Netscrape 4.x supports basic, relative, positioning).

You may need to play with percentages a bit as each browser interprets the
box model differently (adding or not adding padding, margins, etc.)

2. Use two tables and flow the TD tags in the second.

Here you may need to "fix" cellpadding/cellspacing to "0" to achieve the
desired effect.

Hope that helps,

Marc David Johnson
mjohnson(at)marcdavidjohnson.com
http://www.MarcDavidJohnson.com
A little bit of everything ... and a whole lot of nothing.
http://mdj.inc <--- New.net address (info - v)
(http://www.qksrv.net/click-714870-1933347)