Re: Text within an image

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 2003 01:40:49 -0400
 To:  "HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I just saw a magazine article (paper) that had a silhouette-like
> colored area in the shape of someone's head and within this head
> area the text wrapped to fit inside.  Does anyone know how to
get
> this effect on a web page? I want the words to be text so I can
> update it easily.  Thanks.

Hello Beth,

There currently is not a defined way to do this. However, you may
be able to accomplish this effect in newer browsers using Eric
Meyer's "ragged float" demonstration by slicing the image into
several parts and floating some parts left, the other right. Put
this in a box with a specified width, and the text should wrap
nicely "inside" the image.

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/raggedfloat/demo.html

Tim