Re: Form - response required?

by "Radhika Parthasarathy" <radhika(at)elity.com>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:24:40 -0400
 To:  "Karen & Rob Pickel" <pegleg(at)rapidnet.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Javascript's the way to go for this one.
In the onsubmit event-handler for the form, check whether the required
fields have any value in them (document.formname.fieldname.value == ""). If
not, display a message with the alert statement and return false. This will
stop the form from submitting. If all required fields contain valid values,
then return true which will submit the form.
Good luck!
Radhika.