Re: QUESTION: Table weirdness

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:00:29 -0000
 To:  "Julie Cooke" <skyamese2(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Julie

----- Original Message -----
From: Julie Cooke <skyamese2(at)yahoo.com>

> EXHIBIT A:
> http://www.coriss.net/example.htm
> The table is supposed to be 100% wide. In Internet
> Explorer 5.0 , it looks ok, but in Netscape 4.x,
> there's a big ol' white space on the right.

I think Cynthia hit the nail on the head with this question.

> And, I've recently discovered that if I add a
> paragraph tag after the table, it displays the text to
> the right of the table.

You've got ALIGN="LEFT" in the opening TABLE tag.  That is designed to make
the table "float" to the left and allow following elements to sit alongside
it and wrap round it.  Text that isn't contained in a tag won't trigger
this, whereas enclosing any following text in P tags will cause this
wrapping to happen.  If you want the following text to sit below the table,
just take the ALIGN attribute out of the table tag.

HTH!

Regards,
Donna
--