Re: Netscape 6 bashing

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <abhay(at)kushwaha.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:57:34 +0530
 To:  "Basics [HWG]" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Therein lies your problem too.

WaSP calls NN 4 a horror of horrors and applauds NN 6 cautiously --
mainly because NN 6 has left out a lot of stuff that came in through
the Mozilla browser experiment and it's got many bugs, bugs that were
solved in Mozilla but not included in NN 6; nobody knows why.

NN6 and Opera 5 are the future of web. Coding by standards and not by
browsers. Like somebody said, code using the recommendations and
*then* add the browser specific stuff. If you need to change the
coding radically, use browser detection and then multiple instances.

NN 6 is here and there is no denying it that people are going to start
shifting... I seriously recommend you visit WaSP [1] sometime for some
insight on how browser technology has responded to demands for
supporting standards and where it is headed. Helps to keep your eyes
on the future in this business. ;)

[abhay]

[1] http://www.webstandards.org