Re: Content Management

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:00:26 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ed:

Content management in a broad sense, is simply the collection and
manipulation of data. The term refers to:

How you obtain data--from the guy who hands you his business card to people
who fill out forms on your web site.

It also refers to how you store or keep this data. Such things as databases
and or PIM's.

And of course, for web management--how you use this data to construct pages.
And in the sense you implied--how you design pages to allow the data to be
used in several different pages and or the assembly of one page. Such things
as CGI, SSI or ASP come to mind.

When I am looking for information on a new subject, I simply open my good
old IE-5 browser and type the subject title in the address field at the top.

When I typed in "content management" it returned a wide assortment, (118),
of "hits" including one of my favorites, FindArticles.Com. The article on
content management is located at:
http://www.findarticles.com/m0HBJ/1998_August_31/21113048/p1/article.jhtml

Other sources I would be inclined to try might be Cnet.com and idg.net
including this one:
http://www.idg.net/go.cgi?id=475655

Considering the depth of this subject, one might also assume that a
considerable number of cups of hot coffee will be required.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/novels/
www.newsredding.com/
www.ramac-rc.org/

> Been working one this web thing for a couple of months now...went from
basic
> XHTML/HTML to using a little bit of Javascript to using a lot of PHP,
MySQL