Re: More stupid basic questions

by =?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?= <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Sat, 24 Jun 2000 20:07:43 +0300
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Captain,

/.../
>I usually make 2 versions of my site. One will be pretty plain (tables,
>text, almost no images, no javascript nor any type of bells and whistles
>:-)). The other verison of the site will look a lot nicer (layers,
>JavaScript, images etc)

I have a question I'll bet lots of newer developers out there in list land
are dying to know Mz. Lauri:

*Why* ?
It seems like two versions of the same content is an awful lot of work.
/.../

Getting sarcastic, huh? :-)

First of all, you're not required to do 2 versions of your site, I just do
it (I can write it off as 'going the extra mile for the client'). I like
people who think themselves so I won't push it on you :-)

I try to make my sites accessible to EVERYBODY (including people on
different platforms, different browsers, visually disabled people and so
on). What can I say, it's me :-)

Besides it isn't THAT hard of a work to make 2 versions of a site. The plain
version will be simple (and I mean simple :-)). All I have to do is make a
simple template and then it's pretty much cut&paste. I also use a lot of
programs to make the boring work for me. I like Claymore Brute Force myself,
it can automate a lot of work (at least in the by using Notepad).

I guess making 2 versions of a site would be easier using database
technology, but I haven't gotten myself to look into it, yet. If somebody
would happen to know any good tutorials, reference tables etc concerning
databases then I would be interested in getting my hands on it. BTW, I don't
have any previous programming experienc :-(

See ya :-)

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in
--
Lauri V�in
Get your very own .com .net .org domain name