Re: PDF's loading in the browser window

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:21:25 -0000
 To:  "Michael Clarke" <Michael.Clarke(at)harpercollins.com.au>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Does your company have a method of workstation deployment..

Microsoft's IE Administration Kit can help.  Regarding view vs. download.
If the browser can not find an association for a file extension it will
default to download.

Go to My Computer and look in the menu until you find file type.  Compare
the settings for PDF in one that is working and one that is not.   Reloading
Adobe Reader will set up this association for you.

Do you have desktop support there?  Are they responsible for making all the
apps standard accross the browsers.?????