Re: colours

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:40:13 -0500
 To:  "HTML Writers Guild Basic list" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
http://www.exoticblades.com/tamara/colorchart.html - here is a websafe color
list.

The Browser-Safe Palette only contains 216 colors out of a possible 256.
That is because the remaining 40 colors vary on Macs and PCs. By eliminating
the 40 variable colors, this palette is optimized for cross-platform use.

I'm taking a class on CSS and we were told to write the rules for the table
by using the TD but I haven't tried it myself.  Netscape is usually more
literal (fussy) about things and it's hard to satisfy both.  If the
background color is working using the TABLE definition then try TD {COLOR:
#ffffff } to change all the text.

HTH
Deb

> Hi
> I have been trying to find out more about websafe colours. I am new to
HTML