Re: Question

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:38:30 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Kym:

The most likely reason for the font size change, (and subsequent shift),  is
the defaults set in both browsers. (And/or the font being used.) If you see
a difference between them, I would leave it there as it will help you to see
the wild changes that will be made by those surfing to your site. Oh, yes --
Some MAC's monitors will show the font size different than PC's.

Some look at this impertinent font and size choosing by viewers as an
affront to their superior layout skills and use CSS to control the size and
font family thus assuring some control over the finished appearance.

Granted, some obsolete browsers will not support CSS so one needs to make a
choice.

Which is more important? Control of the page layout or total support by the
tiny percentage still using old browsers ??

There is no "right" answer here. You just have to choose. And-- as you may
have noticed, many of the major sites like Microsoft, MSNBC, most news
sites, etc., have went the CSS route.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA