Re: hwg mailing list Protocol ???

by "Comharsa" <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 22:39:07 +0100
 To:  "Kate Pollara" <kpollara(at)home.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Is there any way that people can add a code such as hwg at the beginning
of
> their subject area so we can all know that the mail we are opening isn't
> junk mail/spam/virus etc?

Hi Kate, this code is already there, you just need to know where to look
:-).

As you are using OE5 as your mailer you can set up a mail filter really
easily. Create a new folder called hwg or whatever you want. Go to
Tools>Message Rules>Mail... In the dialog box that opens click "New". In the
new dialog box go through the boxes as follows.

1. *Conditions*
Put a check in the boxes marked "Where the To line contains people" and
"Where the CC line contains people".
2. *Actions*
Put a check against "Move it to the specified folder".
3. *Description*
For both the "contains people" links click the link and in the new dialog
box that opens enter "hwg" (without the quotes) in the top box then click
"Add" then "OK".
Click the "and" link and select the other option then click "OK". The "and"
should now be replaced by an "or".
Click the "specified" link and find your new folder, select it, then click
"OK".
4. *Name*
If you want to change the name of the rule call it whatever you want.

Now click "OK" to close that dialog box, then "OK" to close the other one.

>From now on, all the post that comes in from HWG should go straight to your
new folder.

HTH

Brian