Re: Network Solutions

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Sun, 20 May 2001 12:46:20 -0400
 To:  <brian(at)gfx.cncdsl.com>,
"HWG Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  <jonric(at)tx3.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Perhaps because you don't know what you doing...?????
>
> We've been using Net Sol for years and have never had a problem,
> in fact most of our submissions for new domains are
> completed within hours of the initial request.
>
> 99.9% of the time it's user error, be a little humble and look
> to yourself for mistakes before you go blaming everyone else.

I think you could use a little humility too.  You owe that lady an apology
for being a bore.

Network Solutions IS a big pain in the butt to work with. I am sure they are
that way on purpose.  It's cheaper and easier to use machines to do the work
while they rake in the bucks.  It gives them plenty of excuses when they lay
the blame on the software.

It is no secret that they have been affiliated with the bigger hosting
companies since the start.  Their whole way of doing business is the
complete opposite of customer friendly and the only ones who could benefit
would be bigger hosts and elitists like you.

Nobody else on the Internet that sells names acts like they do.  They charge
a lot and they give the poorest service.  Where I buy domain names I can log
in and make DNS changes in a few minutes. No wierd emails to contend with
and no uncertainty, when I make a change - I see it right away.  No magic,
no mumbo-jumbo, just good service.

They could care less about a new webmaster's troubles or a small company
that registered a name themselves.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net