Re: SSI questions

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:48:28 -0400
 To:  "HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Vincent,
Denise" <deevin(at)mun.ca>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Denise,

Could you be more specific in what you mean by "a whole other HTML
document"?  You don't mean that it has a <head> and <body> section like a
stand alone HTML document do you?  (That would be ugly.  I didn't know that
would even render in a browser!)  The include file just needs to have the
HTML code to make the area of the page in question, such as a footer.  The
file would look just as if you 'cut' a section of code out of a stand alone
HTML document and 'pasted' it into a new text file.  BTW- an HTML file
actually is a text file.

Steve