Re: Microsoft dumps smart tags

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:09:16 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I read an article this morning that says Smart Tags will be in Windows XP
> when it is released in October.

I quite happily read about ten articles from websites and newspapers that
all said they were removing it from Windows XP and I.E.6

They *are* keeping Smart Tags in Office XP.  Maybe the writer got confused.
Smart Tags in  Office is a real different thing.

As someone said recently, the issue just might come back in future when they
can think of a -different- way of doing it.  I think the thing that stopped
them was when someone mentioned  that it violated our copyrights for them to
modify  our website that way.

I figure one the 10,000 lawyers Bill has, told them Smart Tags could be real
trouble for MS in court. From the MS track record you can honestly say  the
only thing that backs them down is losing bad in court.... and then only
part of the time.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net