Re: AOL

by "Tammy S. Weibel" <tammy(at)tammyweb.com>

 Date:  Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:22:31 -0500
 To:  "Keif" <keif.s(at)virgin.net>,
"hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>     I wish to load the AOL browser to test sites in it. Is this possible
> without going through the 'sign up' procedure? I don't want an account, I
> just want to know what my sites look like to AOLer's?
> TIA
>
> Keif

I do not know of any way way to use AOL's software without having an account
to log in to (whether it is a friend's or family member's account where they
will give you one of their 5 screen names to use).

However, you can check out this AOL Browser Features and Functionality Table
which gives you the version of MSIE used as well as the features that are
supported. It gives PC and Mac platforms and statistics for how many people
are on each platform. (I do not know how acurrate those stats are).

http://webmaster.info.aol.com/browsers.html

Hope that helps.

Tammy S. Weibel
tammy(at)tammyweb.com