Re: slightly ot

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 May 2001 10:12:01 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Shelby:

You are correct. prn is a protected word and cannot be used--at least on
Windows machines. Maybe the device was set up with one of those "other"
operating systems that doesn't know better. [Big Grin]

Shooting the poor guy sounds a little drastic--but I would take his Mac away
from him. (Assuming that's what he used.)

Do you have to send this to anyone?? What I mean is, if you get the
information, can you change it to something else for your own use. Maybe
even a Copy and Paste.

In "playing" with the problem, it appears that prn is just fine to work with
as long as you do not try to SAVE it to your hard drive. There has just got
to be a way around this but of course--none of us are aware of your work
structure.

My advise--ask some ten year old kid that is a local computer whiz. They
always seem to come up with simple solutions we complicated adults would
never think of ???

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA