Re: ISP War - OT?

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:24:49 -0500
 To:  "Ken Lanxner" <klanxner(at)home.com>,
"Carol Parent" <cbwd(at)means.net>
 Cc:  "HWG-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> In most cases it is proper and logical that the host be listed as
> technical contact. There is nothing wrong with that, per se. You just
> need to be careful when choosing who will host your sites. When you go
> through a reseller, you are only dealing with the actual host indirectly
> and have very little leverage in situations such as this.

I disagree.  I have had nothing but grief from Network Solutions.  I
understand the need to make sure that someone does not steal a domain name,
but they have had thousands of names stolen and they are pigheaded and
arrogant to work with.

Any time I have transferred a domain registered with them, (several times
now) it takes many tries and sometimes requires a lot of time on the phone
as well as a follow-up fax.   Web designers and website owners that have
paid them money for a website name should not be held hostage like this.

They are REALLY on the side of the hosting company.  This is why so many
hosting companies recommend them.  ( Aha you say! )  They have collected a
lot of money over the years and used mostly automated systems and layers of
bureaucrats that would make the Federal government envious.  They have
delivered consistently poor service and this is why they lost their sole
supplier status.  You may now register websites at many other places with
better service and for a lot less money.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net