Re: Script Question

by "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>

 Date:  Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:06:39 -0400
 To:  "HTML GUILD" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Use double quotes around your display string.  Perl converts variables
inside double quotes, but not in single:

"This is my $name."

To simple record the string for later evaluation, your format is fine:

$text = 'This is my $name.';

To convert variables that are part of a string variable, try eval():

 <TEXTAREA NAME="text" ROWS="10" COLS="50">eval($text)</TEXTAREA>