Re: Font sizes as installed

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:13:43 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jim:

Oh Boy!!  Don't hold me to this but I think that windows 95 and 98 at least,
defaults to "small". As you found out, Windows will allow you to change just
about everything. And if you change to one of the "sight impaired" (B&W)
schemes, things really change.

Because of eye problems, I have changed my settings so much over the last
couple of years that I just don't remember where they were when I started.
And of course--over and above the global Windows settings--the IE browser
settings have several positions. The two different settings will interact
somewhat.

This is one reason why many advocate not using CSS to set sizes but rather
to allow the individual "browser" settings to take effect with normal HTML.
This allows all of us one-eyed fuzzy sighted old fogies to adjust the text
size to something we can read. (Now--if we could just get the Department of
Motor Vehicles to allow us the same leeway with their eye charts ???)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net