Re: Just wondering - PC or Mac?

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:38:35 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul:

Oh boy--do you throw lighted matches about in petrol refineries??
Mac or PC. Let WW-III commence.

I started out with the Mac platform and doing desktop publishing
for a small weekly newspaper. It replaced a Compugraphic photo
typesetter and oh wow--we could even do simple graphics.

We've came a long way since then and if I have learned any one
thing it is that the platform, (Mac or PC) is the least important
aspect of our work. And this whether we are doing graphics for a
printing press or for the web.

Sure, there are some minor differences but from a real, practical
sense, those differences are meaningless. Usually when any one
person starts lauding one platform over the other, it simply
means they are more loyal than informed.

Both platforms work extremely well. And yes--both platforms can
CRASH. Each side says the other is worse but a crash is a crash
is a crash.

Software is pretty much of a toss up. You can get Canvas 6, MS
Office, most Adobe apps, and on and on for both platforms.

We use PC's but that is primarily because our clients use PC's. I
personally like the Windows interface better than I did the
Mac's. I also like the versatility and far larger amount of
software available for PC's.

Does this mean that PC's are "better" than Mac's?? Certainly not.
It just means that one person, having used both, likes PC's
better. I'm sure there are lots and lots who would feel just the
opposite.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
http://www.temercraft.com

>Hello All,
>
>I use a PC. I used to use a Mac (before the G3 days). I realize
that Macs have always been the choice for desktop publishing and
design.

>Does that hold true for web design as well? Or can both
platforms accomplish the same results?