Re: Printing Landscape

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 23 May 2000 09:36:43 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Janet:

Unless you are lucky enough to have Canvas or some other publishing program
that will "save" in PDF, you will need to purchase Adobe's Arcobat full
program. (ABOUT $200)

PDF files are not famous for small file size but are seldom larger that the
equivalent DOC file. The good news is that the free Acrobat reader is
available for all platforms. It will allow the printing of both portrait and
landscape formats.

The advantage over a GIF file is the flexibility of the PDF in that there is
built in OCR capability. It is not just a picture, but a real working
dynamic file.

True, you could instead, do the same thing with Word's .doc files but in
order to use the advanced tables, forms and graphics the recipient would
also have to have Word on their machine.

We routinely work with all three types. We have found PDF to be the most
versatile for a broad spectrum of jobs.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA