Re: extended markup

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:24:19 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I believe extensive markup means anything that isn't to standard (ie-
browser specific tags and attributes).  However, the "face" attribute is
valid for the "font" element in HTML 4.0. Even though "font" itself is
deprecated (meaning it won't be supported in the future), it is still valid
in 'transitional' HTML.  Perhaps Doctor Watson can be configured to validate
to a specific standard and is currently configured to check using an older
standared like HTML 3.2.  In version 3.2, the 'face' attribute didn't exist
even thourgh some browsers at that time supported it.  Are there any options
in the program?  Perhaps, in a not so clear way, it is telling you to change
the standard it checks against.

Steve Antonio
santonio(at)delanet.com