Re: Creating templates

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 12:06:15 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
David:

If your WYSIWYG editor is FrontPage, nothing could be simpler.

Here is a direct quote from the Help Files:

In the FrontPage Editor, you can save a page as a template. After you have
saved the template, it will be displayed along with the standard FrontPage
page templates in the Page tab of the New dialog box. <<<<<

A "template" is really nothing more than a "sample" or perhaps, "example"
page. Unless you want it save it as part of a database, like in Word or
FrontPage for automatic call up, it is just another "something.htm" page.

You can always set up a page the way you want it to be and save it as
"template-1etc.htm" or what have you. To use it, just open it in your editor
and Save As another name to fit the web you are working in. Once saved, it
can be moved to--or imported into--any web.

The only difference between creating a template page in a WYSIWYG editor and
any other is the "ease" of creating it.

Regardless of what editor you use, just remember to observe all the usual
precautions regarding Netscape, etc.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA