Re: Java Script

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:08:29 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Wayne:

> I am working on a web site, and I am wondering if there is a way to use
> java script to bring up daily specials based on the day of the week, any
> resources with a app that will do that.

Should be easy for a JavaScript guru but that's not me.

I would think you could use the same basic script that is used to tell a
person "Good Morning" when they visit a page. It uses the clock on the
server and with a little simple math you can arrive at the point where you
get the days sorted out.

Then a plain IF THEN statement says IF such and such a date THEN
a link equals the page you want.

In fact, the author at www.javascriptmall.com/ uses a simple version of this
script to introduce the concept in the first few chapters of his tutorial.
It is a very easy to understand and interactive tutorial.

If you read through the first few chapters I think you may get some ideas on
how to proceed.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA