Re: Expired Domain Name Question.......................................

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 8 May 2002 16:21:17 -0700
 To:  "seecurb" <seecurb(at)bigfoot.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I had a domain name registered with Network Solutions
> which has expired. How do I get them to release it, so I
> can register it with a different registrar?  Or is this NOT
> possible?

I have heard some folks in the past say they release it pretty quick, but of
late they seem to sit on the name if it seems to be a desirable name.
Recently that means anything that was ever registered before.  They seem to
be getting real shady.  One person said in an emial on another list that
they had a name that was dead over a year and NS was still sitting on it.

You may have to go back to them to reinstate the name, and then transfer it
later.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com

---