Re: Using the DIV tag (thanks Bill Hagerty)

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:52:25 -0000
 To:  <EncomDesign(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Mark

----- Original Message -----
From: <EncomDesign(at)aol.com>

> Using <div align="center"> before or right after a <table> tag will
not
> center all the cell data, I have to use <tr align="center">.
>
> I also tried <span> and this didn't work either.
>
> Can I use a tag for all the Table, like using <div> for a large
section of
> text?

I don't think so.  The align attribute when applied to the table itself
operates separately and works in a different way to the same attribute
applied to the contents of the table (for example, when applied to the
table itself, align="right" floats the table to the right of the
available space and wraps any following elements around it, whereas the
same attribute applied to the contents of the table simply aligns the
content to the right side of each cell), so there has to be some way of
differentiating between the two different applications of the attribute.

Regards,
Donna
--
dms(at)zetnet.co.uk