Re: image maps

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:39:02 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
To Shawn and others:

Some keep a copy of FrontPage around just to generate code for image maps
and tables.

And for others, there is no question the little image map programs do a
great job, but here is a trick for those who fell compelled to do it by
hand.

Use any good graphics program like Canvas, (and several others) to determine
the coordinates.

Place the image to be mapped up tight against the upper left hand corner of
the "page" in the graphics program. Set the measurement protocol to pixels.
Then draw a little square over the location you want to locate.

Select the square and pull up the dialog box for the objects properties. In
Canvas, this is called Object Specs and is a drop down from the Docking Bar.

It will list the coordinates of the image relative to the upper left of the
image.

You can then apply this information as needed.

Just keep moving the little square around to "map" the spots you need.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net