Re: DIV question

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:55:00 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ed:

This can be a tricky thing to accomplish. One problem is that people can set
the colors in their browsers--so you never really know what colors you are
faced with--or trying to override.

Perhaps the simple way to make your changes is to have multiple CSS scripts
and call them where you want the changes to take place. Example:

<LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="temer-2.css" TYPE="text/css">

Then simply recall the original CSS when you have finished with the second.
In the example above the CSS files would be in the same directory as the
HTML pages. You can have as many as you need.

You apply all this nonsense much like you would use different "styles" in a
Word document.

Remember the "Cascading" part of CSS. Just like in the Army, the browser
will execute the last order received.

Once you have them marching, you can tell your column of troupes to Right
Flank and they will do so until you give them a Left Flank to return them to
their original course. (All except that that recruit named Private Netscape.
You often have to give him a rock to carry in his right hand --- but that's
another story.)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA