Re: Problem with Tables....

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:41:08 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jeff:

Yes--Using <br> works like a charm in the late NN and IE browsers. However
there are some browsers out there that will ignore a <br> or <p> unless
there is "something" on the line. Hence the period (.) to act as a
placeholder.

Many have expressed shock, horror and old fashioned fear at making the
period the same color as the background--worried that some search engines
would consider it Spam. However, they apparently do not consider either a
dash or period as spam as I have used this method on my Novels page, (and
others), and it still comes up on the first page of several using the
keywords "action novels". (Of course, that's THIS week ??)

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net
www.temercraft.com/
www.newsredding.com/

> Hi Ted:
>
> You wrote:
>
> > There are several different things that could be used here without
resorting
> >  to absolute positioning with CSS. The simple thing would be to align
> >  everything to the top and place some sort of "filler" between the top
of
> the
> >  cell and your link buttons. This could be a script showing the date,
any
> >  logo or graphic that might be appropriate, or even a transparent GIF.
(Or