Re: Nested lists in Strict validation

by "Pamela Shorey" <palema(at)galaxyinternet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 May 2002 06:46:05 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hilma,

> Many thanks to all the replies!
> My "trusted" O'Reilley book is getting less and less trusted (that's the
one
> with <span> tag referred to as deprecatred, which it isn't).

I'm not famiiar with your specific book, but if in general it has been
helpful, I wouldn't toss if because of a few errors. Instead check their
errata page http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/html4/errata/ and see if the
mistakes you found are listed. If not, send them an email.

I take a forgiving attitude toward web design  books if they are generally
good, since web work has generally changed faster than the turnaround time
for a thoroughly edited book. They have to choose between missing some
errors that can be corrected online  and utter irrelevancy.