Re: 100% out of topic

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:01:42 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Antonio:

Although the replies you have already received were absolutely
correct, they make the change permanent, so to speak. In order to
then use HTML e-mail, you have to go back in and change it back.
If you are like most of us, a large amount of your e-mail will
normally be sent as HTML. Therefore, some of the following
comments may be helpful.

Outlook Express normally replies to a sender in the same format
that was received. Therefore, the e-mail from this list, being
plain text, will cause Outlook Express to automatically reply in
the same format. This eliminates the need for changing it back
and forth.

You can tell this because the reply form OMITS the row of Text
Icons that is displayed when it is set to send HTLM or Rich Text
format. This row looks very similar to the one in FrontPage or
Word.

Unless that row of text icons, (font, size, color, indent, insert
graphic, etc. etc.), is showing, you ARE sending in Plain Text.

If the row of icons IS showing, click on Format in the Menu Bar,
(of the reply form--not Outlet Express itself). When it drops
down you should see a dot in front of Rich Text (HTML). Click on
Plain Text just below it and Outlook Express will send this
message only, in plain text, and leaving all the automatic
functions in place so you do not have to change back for normal
HTML e-mail.

You can check to assure yourself that you are sending plain text
by going to the Format menu and noting the dot in front of Plain
Text.

I know of several other offices besides ours that use this
"method" and as far as I know, there has never been a problem.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net