Re: BRACETS

by "Steve Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Oct 1999 01:00:56 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dorine,

The current recommended specification by W3C, HTML 4.0 is not case
sensitive, so it doesn't matter. However, XHTML 1.0 is about to be released
and it IS case sensitive. The XHTML specification states that all tags and
their attribute must be in lower case. It would be smart for you to code any
new HTML in lower case so that it will be easier for you to transition to
the new specification if you so desire.

As far as alignment of paragraphs, if you wanted, for instance, to center a
paragraph, you can do it in the following ways:

<center>Your paragraph here</center>

The first two examples are now deprecated, meaning their use is discouraged
in favor of other methods, but they are not illegal. The last example is one
of two favored methods. The other being the use of CSS (Cascading Style
Sheets).

Steve
santonio(at)delanet.com