Re: Netscape loading problem

by "Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:22:21 -0000
 To:  "Steve Lazarowitz" <nagennif(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Steve

There seem to be a couple of things going on here.  The newsletter page
isn't showing up in Netscape because you haven't closed the main table (I'd
use a different validator if the one you used didn't highlight this!).
When I closed the table tags at the end of the file (before the closing
body tag) the page displayed OK in NN.

However the other pages are throwing up a problem with handling the CSS
file (that doesn't happen with the newsletter page because the link to the
CSS file is inside the TITLE tags so doesn't get actioned).  Instead of
simply linking to the CSS file for styles, it tries to load the CSS file
(and gave a 404 file not found error) - it required some nifty hitting the
STOP button at just the right moment before I could even get a look at the
actual page!  :-)  Have you addressed the CSS file correctly?  Is there one
in each directory, or is it in the "nagennif" directory (it works fine on
your main page which is in that directory) - perhaps the others should have
href="../styles.css" or something like that?

Hope that helps anyway.

Regards,
Donna
--