Re: Creating templates with PSP

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:28:45 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
David wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to create a web template with Paint shop pro.

Actually David, I don't think you do. Paint Shop Pro is a bitmapped graphics
program. You can create the photos or other images that would be part of a
web template and save them in the appropriate form. .gif, .jpg, etc.

However. I would think you would need to create the web page template itself
in a web page program. It could even be created in Notepad although it would
be a lot easier to use in a WYSIWYG program, (especially six months later
when you've forgotten how you set it up.) FrontPage for example, allows the
creation of templates and/or webs.

You could include the images too. Just remember that those images must be
copied into the new web in a directory with the same name as that specified
in the "template". Here again, a program like FrontPage does this
automatically when the graphic is "imported" into a template web.

While it's true that multiple function graphics programs like Canvas, (or
even MS Publisher), allow the creation of web pages and templates, I don't
think it is possible to do so from WITHIN Paint Shop Pro.

I use Canvas all the time for its versatility. But even here, one would
hesitate to use it to create the page as Canvas uses Colada which employs a
lot of JavaScript.

One really slick non-WYSIWYG editor is the Platypus JavaScript Editor from
Australia. The website is: www.c-point.com/ As well as JavaScript tags, it
also has most HTML tags and is quick to load, simple and inexpensive. Even
though we do a lot of work in FrontPage, I would feel lost without this
handy little editor.

And a lot of people like CuteHTML by GlobalSCAPE.

And lastly--I've been away. So if this has already been answered, forgive
the intrusion.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA